Hollywood Half Marathon, 13.1 miles, April 6, 2013. This is the 2nd annual event for the Hollywood Half Marathon-The course starts and finishes on Hollywood Blvd in front of the famous Kodak Theatre, home of the academy awards, benefiting the Los Angeles Youth Network and Covenant House Homeless Shelters.
My father, Galo Ulloa, was killed on November 30, 2010 by a negligent commercial truck driver. I run because my father can’t. I run in support of the Truck Safety Coalition because I truly believe the work they do is vital in helping to change and establish new state and federal laws that will help protect citizens from these types of tragedies. Sometimes in life we are called to stand up and fight for something or someone because of an injustice. My father’s death was the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to face, but through adversity comes strength. I’ve struggled with figuring out since his passing, how I could make a difference and continue to fight for him. I’ve always loved to run, and in the months and couple of years since his passing I’ve found solace and peace first through the Lord but also in running.
When I run, I feel him with me, cheering me on. I use this gift to continue to honor him and fight for him.
How to Donate
Please consider donating to the Truck Safety Coalition in memory of my father Galo Ulloa. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this very important cause. Click here to help.
Truck Safety Coalition
The Truck Safety Coalition is a national network of volunteer truck crash survivors who have come together as a non-profit organization in order to assist new truck crash victims and surviving family members.
Working together as a grassroots force, The Truck Safety Coalition is dedicated to achieving the following goals:
- Reducing the number of fatalities and injuries caused by truck‐related crashes.
- Providing compassionate support to truck crash survivors and families of truck crash victims.
- Assisting interested truck crash survivors and surviving families with advocacy efforts with the intention of trying to help make some good come out of tragic situations.
- Raising public awareness of important truck safety issues.
- Educating legislators on issues related to truck safety regulation.
- Reducing the problem of truck driver fatigue.
- Freezing truck size and weight limits at current levels.
- Increasing compliance with truck safety rules and regulations and improving truck maintenance standards.
- Improving working conditions for truck drivers so they will not be forced to drive in unsafe conditions.