In case you were unable to join us for Congressional staff briefings on truck safety technologies that we hosted on September 26 and November 21, we invite you to view the presentation that we went through during these informative sessions.
The briefings, which focused on automatic emergency braking (AEB) and heavy vehicle speed limiters, were a collaboration between the Truck Safety Coalition, the Truckload Carriers Association, Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety, the Trucking Alliance, and Road Safe America.
Please see below for contact information for each of the panelists that participated. We look forward to answering any questions you may have about AEB or speed limiters.
- Harry Adler, Executive Director, Truck Safety Coalition | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.trucksafety.org
- Lane Kidd, Managing Director, The Trucking Alliance | email@example.com | www.truckingalliance.org
- Allison Kennedy, Director of Government Relations, Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.saferoads.org
- Dave Heller, Vice President of Government Affairs, Truckload Carriers Association | email@example.com | www.truckload.org
- Steve Owings, Co-Founder, Road Safe America | firstname.lastname@example.org | roadsafeamerica.org
We hope that you will work with this growing coalition to advance currently introduced legislations that will direct the Department of Transportation to establish performance standards for these technologies, require original equipment manufacturers to include these technologies in new trucks, and require that motor carriers use these technologies in trucks that are equipped.