The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration issued an out-of-service order to Bar D Bar Trucking. The agency ordered the motor carrier to cease operations after an investigators found violations including:
- Failing to conduct pre-employment background checks on drivers
- Failing to ensure drivers were qualified before dispatching them
- Failing to properly monitor drivers to ensure compliance with hours-of-service requirements
- Failing to conduct random drug and alcohol tests on drivers
- Using a driver who tested positive for a controlled substance
- Failing to ensure its vehicles were regularly inspected, maintained and repaired and that they met minimum safety standards
Additionally, the FMCSA also found that the company’s owner-operator was driving without a valid commercial driver’s license and is subject to a lifetime CDL disqualification.
TSC supports the regulation of legal Schedule II prescription drugs, in particular, those which list drowsiness and fatigue as side-effects. We also support monitoring or eliminating the use of any substance that impairs cognitive or motor ability for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
The Truck Safety Coalition Team