CITIZENS FOR RELIABLE AND SAFE HIGHWAYS
The commercial trucking industry in the United States is plagued by numerous safety problems. Oversize, overweight and speeding trucks, truck driver fatigue, substandard vehicle maintenance, and insufficient regulatory enforcement are all obstacles to safe trucking operations. Thousands of trucking companies consistently place productivity concerns over issues of safety. But the U.S. Congress, regulatory bodies, and trucking interests have a joint responsibility to truck drivers and to the motoring public to make truck safety a top priority. Safety can be an integral part of trucking operations, and it is the goal of CRASH to see that government works with trucking interests to set safety as their highest priority.
As a grassroots force, CRASH is dedicated to achieving the following goals:
- Reducing the number of injuries caused by truck related crashes.
- Reducing the number of fatalities caused by truck related crashes.
- Providing compassionate support to truck crash survivors and families of truck crash victims.
- Freezing truck size and weight limits at current levels.
- Raising public awareness of important safety issues.
- Educating legislators on issues related to truck safety regulation.
- Reducing the problem of truck driver fatigue.
- Improving truck maintenance standards.